The Wildwood offices are booming with activity this week as we prepare for ISE 2020. There’s plenty to think about when preparing for such a huge and thriving show which welcomes around 80,000 visitors and 1,300 exhibitors.
Here are our team’s top tips:
- Plan ahead! Take a look at www.iseurope.org before you go to see what events, workshops, conferences and show floor activities are happening on each day. There’s something for everyone, and you won’t want to miss out.
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, especially at ISE – before you know it, its 4pm! Make sure to keep up your energy and hydration levels.
- Wrap up warm – don’t get caught out in the cold, pack your winter warmers – even a brolly!
- Avoid booking back to back meetings – stay stress-free by giving yourself enough time and planning your route from hall to hall.
- Take along business cards and ensure you have enough to hand out.
- Get talking – there are plenty of opportunities to network and make new connections. Amsterdam is a great city with many bars, coffee houses and restaurants – check them out if you get the time, and, of course, take advantages of networking sessions on offer on the Main Stage as well as meet-ups, award ceremonies and exhibitor booth parties! Be safe this year, we’ll be practising the Wildwood Wave 😉
- Check out some of the demo rooms – it’s one thing to see the abundance of new technology on the show floor, but another to experience it for yourself. The demo rooms show what this amazing kit can do! So, seek them out.
- Stop by your association(s) – the AVIXA (12-N110) and CEDIA (1-E10) booths are great places to visit. They are well placed to connect you to great communities, as well as expertise, talks and inspiration for your business. They are always a hub of activity and well worth stopping by.
- Further your education – set yourself goals to learn something new each day – as well as the conferences and education, there are also free-to-attend opportunities whether a CEDIA training session, an AVIXA FlashTrack, or a Main Stage panel discussion. Check out the professional development area on the ISE website to find out more.
- Follow up after the show – If you enjoyed speaking to someone, make sure to drop them a line to say so. Everyone is busy meeting so many people during the week, that it’s easy to get forgotten. A quick email or phone call can jolt the memory and ensure that you are front of mind for any future opportunities to work together.
We’ll be there all week and are delighted to once again sponsor the ISE Press Office. If you’d like to say hello, have a chat or hear what our clients have going on in 2020, join us for Happy Hour in the press office – daily at 5pm.
We wish you safe travels and look forward to seeing you in Amsterdam!